Tremendous Increase in successful Breastfeeding
With support of a Skilled Birth Companion
Benefits of Having a Sahodari Post Pregnancy
Just like pregnancy, postpartum comes with its own set of physical, hormonal and emotional challenges. These changes can remain not only for the first few weeks but for months and years.
Generally, it is your family and friends whom you rely on for guidance in this important transitional phase. With changing times, the needs and aspirations have become different and varied from what could be offered by family and friends. That’s the reason, we have professionalised and expanded this role to bring the best possible outcome for you and your family. The postpartum Sahodari is trained in giving you support in postpartum nutrition, fitness, emotional wellbeing, breastfeeding support, traditional Ayurveda therapy, identifying red flag, monitoring baby’s development and immunisation schedule etc.
Benefits of postpartum Sahodari:
- Relaxed, rejuvenated and stress-free
- Greater success and maintenance of breastfeeding
- Less likely to suffer from common postpartum aches and pains
- Less likely to suffer from postpartum depression.
- Better bonding with the baby
- More confident and better able to manage postpartum challenges.
- Better relationship with spouse and improved family dynamics
- Better informed about baby’s development and identification of red flags
Scope Of Practice Performed by Our Sahodari’s
This service is available after childbirth/delivery. The Sahodari will visit the mother once a fortnight or once in 2 weeks for 2 hours.
For a normal delivery, the service is available from 1 week after delivery date. If the services is availed within 3 months of delivery, the package will include a consultation with an Ayurvedic Physician to customise and monitor the postnatal Ayurvedic therapy program at the comfort of your home .
For c-section, the service will be available in 6-8 weeks after delivery date. If the services is availed within 3 months of delivery, the package will include a consultation with an Ayurvedic Physician to customise and monitor the postnatal Ayurvedic therapy program at the comfort of your home .
The services include-
- Basic breastfeeding help at home. She can also connect through Skype/Audio with ilove9months experts and in case the mother needs one-to-one personal consult.
- Traditional ayurvedic postpartum massage of mother
- Training and helping the mother massage the baby.
- Evaluate any signs of postpartum blues and/or depression. If there are any red flags, Sahodari will discuss with the client and make appropriate referral if requested. Skype consultation can also be arranged with the consultant for a fee.
- Provide standard nutrition information. She can connect the client to ilove9months nutritionist for customised diet for a fee.
- Provide information on post partum fitness and help the mother to perform Postnatal yoga routine.
- Assist the mother in using baby developmental checklist, identify red flags and referral advice to appropriate providers.
- Help mother monitor the immunisation schedule of the baby.