Manage gestational diabetes, hypertension, pregnancy discomforts
By having the skilled support of a birth companion
Benefits Of Sahodari During Pregnancy
Along with your clinical care, the holistic and skilled support provided by the Sahodari lays down the foundation for a safe and healthy pregnancy, childbirth and post partum.
Benefits of having a Sahodari during pregnancy: Research has shown that physical and emotional support by skilled companions can result in:
- Safe and healthy pregnancy
- Improved awareness of fetal development pattern and identifying red flags.
- Improved awareness and management of pregnancy high risk factors like gestational Diabetes, Hypertension etc and reduced rate of c-section
- Empowered and informed decision making
- Easy labour and birth
- Increased confidence in breast feeding and other parenting skills
- Reduced stress and anxiety leading to positive memories
- Physically and emotionally in-control of motherhood
Scope Of Practice Performed by Our Sahodari’s
This service is available for 9 months of pregnancy. The Sahodari will visit the mother once a fortnight or once in 2 weeks for 1 hour. In these visits, the following will be covered:
- Measure the vitals like BP, Glucose level, weight etc.
- Help the mother to perform a Prenatal Yoga/exercise routine.
- Perform prenatal ayurvedic massage as per the scope of ilove9months.
- Evaluate the emotional wellbeing.
- Help with understanding of required pre-natal testing and evaluate their completion
- Referral advise to other services if any high-risk factors noticed.
- Help with consultation with ilove9months experts.
- Provide standard nutrition information as per the trimester and help connect with the expert if requested.
- Give trimester specific information and advice as and when needed.